After spending 15 hours making the 3 hour trip to Idaho, we actually did have a lot of fun. The little farm that we stayed at there is quiet and shady and very peaceful. Some highlights from the trip:
- Tractor and 4-Wheeler rides
- Quinn and Sage, as usual, had numerous adventures while wandering through the property. Most of them involved getting wet up to the knees.
- Ray’s twin brother Ralph, who lives just down the road, was out of town. Ray was doing some chores for him, and took the kids along to help with:
- Spending most of the day at Lava Hot Springs, swimming, sliding, and getting sunburned to our heart’s delight. Even I went down a speed slide, albeit with much screaming.
- Card games and playing while laying on a big hill at Lava, waiting for fireworks. This is where Robb snapped shots of everyone there. Here’s a compilation:
- Some kids actually got to drive the tractors, namely Keilee, who drove while discing the back field, and Ryan, who backed the tractor into it’s parking spot.
- We went into Pocatello one night and had dessert and nachos at Denny’s. Brooklyn and Caleb shared a huge banana split, which was gone in about 30 seconds. No one has ever seen Brooklyn eat that fast, and it prompted ideas of future eating contests to get that girl to eat more!